FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please send any additional questions to Colorguard Floors™ staff.
- Can I get free samples? Yes! Since you are responsible for determining the suitability of our products for your use, we recommend it! Click on the "Contact Us" button above to fill out a sample request form.
- Are your tarps and materials made in the US? YES. All tarps are manufactured and shipped from in Burwell, Nebraska.
- Do you have any painting tips for vinyl? Some. Refer to the following web page for paint suggestions. Please keep in mind, we are a tarp company. For the best paint advice, please contact a paint company. Some other good resources: local custom car paint shops, billboard painters, and sign shops.
- How long does it take? Normally between 2-3 weeks. During the holidays, it may take longer. Can I get it faster? Yes, just tell the customer service representative what your needs are and he/she will help you select the style and color of floor that we can expedite. Please keep in mind Colorguardfloors.com can now ship in 1 day if needed!! (expedite fees may apply)
- What is a lift gate and why would I need one? (refer to order form) Your floor will be delivered in an 18-wheel truck. The lift gate is special equipment that can be attached to the truck that lowers the package gently to the ground. A lift gate is only needed if you do not have a fork lift or a loading dock at the delivery address. You may refuse lift gate service, but that means that the package (the floor accordion folded in a box) may be dropped off of the back of the truck. This may result in damage to the floor.
- Do you take purchase orders? Yes, we take purchase orders, checks, and credit cards.
- How much is shipping? Shipping is included to all customers within the continental US. We send via a common carrier such as UPS Freight or Ground, R&l Carriers, Estes Express, Dugan, Vitran Express, and Midwest Motor Freight. The truck trip takes anywhere between 3 to 7 business days. Rush shipping, unfortunately, costs about $300+ depending on the carrier. We offer it as an option, but it is definitely an expensive option.
- Do I need a PayPal account for credit card transactions on your site? No, you do not need a PayPal account to pay with a credit card on our site>>.
- Do you have references? Certainly! If you want to ask our references about their experience with our company, please e-mail us and we'll be happy to supply you with contact information.
- How is the floor put together? The Pro is sealed with heat, weight, and speed. No adhesive or tape is used to join the panels for any of our floors. Our vinyl floors are dielectrically heat welded (also known as "heat sealed").
- Are the seams strong ? Yes. Less than 1/4 of 1% of our floors arrive with any type of seam problem, but we ask that you inspect your floor thoroughly when you receive it so that if there is any problem it can be addressed immediately. Small seam openings can be repaired with the manufacturer's special repair tape or adhesive, or if the floor is beyond repair it will be replaced at no cost to the customer. **NEVER PULL SEAMS APART LIKE YOU ARE TEARING A PIECE OF PAPER. ALL SEAMS WILL PULL APART THIS WAY.
- How do you fold it? We recommend a fan fold. Here is a description of how to fan fold a floor .
- How durable is the floor? The Pro floor is made of high-density polyethylene, a 4-ply laminate that is nylon-reinforced every 1/4" to prevent tears and warping. They are internally reinforced polyethylene laminates designed for a wide range of protective applications, performance engineered to be highly resistant to tears and punctures with an exceptional ability to withstand extended exposure to weather. The World Series, Super Bowl and countless professional, collegiate and high school teams have depended on these products. Your floor is expected to last several years with good care, indoors or out. The Pro is NOT the best choice for GYM floor protection.
- How do I take care of it?: Wipe with a mild solution of lukewarm soap and water only (Ivory or Palmolive dish soap is fine), but no Windex or other harsh detergents. Let dry before folding up for storage. You may want to sweep the floor before you fold it up after rehearsal. Avoid dragging the floor across concrete, rocks, roots, glass or other sharp parking lot debris. For ground-in dirt on vinyl, you can use a commercial vinyl cleaner.
- What's the standard size? 50' x 70' seems to be the most popular choice. WGI rules require contest hosts to provide a minimum 55'x80' area for guards to utilize for their performance.
- Are the floors warranted? Yes. Colorguardfloors.com provides a warranty for at least 1 year. All floors are inspected many times throughout the manufacturing process before they go out; we expect the floors to arrive in perfect condition. Damage from paint, rough handling after you get the floor or from equipment drops are NOT warranted. We will not take back a tarp that has been painted or cut, or that you simply didn't like after you ordered it. (Please take advantage of our "free sample" program.) Please read our full warranty statement.
- How heavy will my floor be? The overall weight of the floor will be determined by its total area. Though they are strong, polyethylene floors are thinner and less dense per square yard than vinyl floors.
Click here for a table of floor weights
Do you sell carts?
Yes! Please talk to Colorguardfloors.com customer service representative for more details. We sell a WGI cart that is 28” wide and 4’, 5’, or 6’ long. You can have this shipped with your floor to save on shipping costs.
Other links are http://www.hand-trucks.net
Also try http://www.northerntool.com/
. They have ones with pneumatic wheels that can fit through one gymnasium door for about $100-$110. Their cart is cheaper (about $82 with shipping) but doesn't have pneumatic wheels. Also try http://www.southern-tool.com/store/platform_trucks.html
. They have both kinds. There are larger carts available. Or, if you have some time on your hands, try this Google search. Good luck!
What size cart do I need? Most band catalogs sell a cart that is 6' long and 28" wide that will fit through a gym door. WGI regulations require that all props/carts fit through ONE gym door. If you fan fold the floor by the seams, the floor will fold down to about 2-1/2 feet. Then you can just fan fold it onto the cart.
- Will you do stripes with reversible tarps? Yes.
- Bubbles: Any floor will trap air bubbles under it if you pull it out onto the gym floor too quickly. The medalist or our other vinyl floors are heavier fabric so it is less likely to trap air underneath it and is your best bet for a flat laying floor.
- Will my floor protect the gym floor from dents? If your primary purpose in getting a floor is protecting the gym floor, take a look at our 18 oz vinyl floors. They offer at the best protection to the floor. The Pro floor isn't thick or dense enough to offer a gym floor much protection against a high velocity impact from an unpadded prop or equipment.
Please send any additional questions to Colorguard Floors™ staff.